The specialized software in the Assistive Technology Lab can accommodate students with hearing, visual, learning, and mobility impairments. Our trained staff provides personal attention, including one-on-one assistance in learning to use accessible technology.
Purpose of form: Completed when checking out a Smartpen.
Purpose of form: Completed when checking out loaned assistive technology devices.
- Screen Magnifier/Reader: ZoomText
- Screen Reader: JAWS (Job Access With Speech)
- Speech-to-Text: Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Read&Write Gold: Mobile software that provides text-to-speech, speech-to-text, graphic organizer, study skills tools and more.
- Video Magnifier
- FM Loop: Helps hearing-impaired students understand professors better.
- Talking Calculator
- Portable Digital Talking Book Players
- Intellikeys Keyboard: Designed for students with physical disabilities (e.g. Cerebral Palsy)
- Livescribe Smartpens: A writing pen that records and links audio to notes written in a specialized notebook (you never miss a word!)
Alternative Media Services
- Complete Textbook Conversions: Textbooks converted to Braille, large print, audio, and e-text (Microsoft Word documents or PDF files)
- Pictures-In-A-Flash (PIAF): Produces raised surface pictures from textbooks for blind students
- Braille Embosser
- High-Speed Scanner
- Guillotine Textbook Ream Cutter
- Binding Machine