The SAM Team is available to assist USC’s research community throughout the competitive grant proposal development process. Our experienced sponsored program administrators each have a slate of academic departments assigned to them. Learn who is your dedicated SAM Team representative and keep in close touch as you work to develop your proposals.
Here are some of the specific services we offer to support researchers as they prepare to apply for sponsored awards.
- Provide comprehensive proposal preparation support, including help with budget development and editing
- Assist researchers in ensuring sponsor-required, USC, federal and state regulatory compliance
- Submit sponsored project proposals on your behalf as USC's Authorized Organizational Representative
- Prepare and negotiate all grant and contract documents with funding agencies.
In addition to SAM, the following offices also assist with a variety of activities connected with external funding and sponsored awards.
- The Office of Research and Grant Development helps researchers locate funding opportunities, assists in coordination of collaborative proposals, administers the grant administrators training program and provides additional resources.
- The Office of Research Compliance provides support and training for faculty members, researchers, students and staff in regulatory requirements for scientific research. ORC is responsible for university policies related to use of human subjects in research (Institutional Review Board), conflicts of interest and research integrity, responsible conduct of research and other regulatory compliance programs.
- The Office of Economic Engagement serves as USC’s single coordinating point of contact with state, regional and local development organizations to help researchers connect with business and industry through outreach, technology commercialization, intellectual property management and entrepreneurship support.
- The Office of the Vice President for Research provides internal funding opportunities to help researchers build a strong foundation from which to apply for extramural funding, coordinates with university communications to get the word out about USC research success stories and offers a wide variety of programs to support faculty and student researchers.