The Carolina Leadership Initiative aims to develop citizens who are equipped to make a difference for the public good. To continue developing future Carolina Leaders, we strive to achieve the following among our participants:
- Inspiring change
- Increasing self-awareness
- Learning effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Recognizing strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Developing integrity and putting ethics into practice
- Valuing diversity and teamwork
- Promoting creativity and thoughtful risk-taking
- Developing strategic visions to benefit our communities
Goals of the Carolina Leadership Initiative
The Carolina Leadership Initiative has three major goals: to promote a vision for leadership development on the Carolina Campus, to serve as a focal point and clearinghouse for students, faculty, and staff to learn about leadership opportunities and resources on campus, and to catalyze the creation of new projects on campus related to leadership.
The Carolina Leadership Initiative empowers those in the Carolina community to achieve their leadership goals. The website and staff of the CLI provide information about courses, visiting speakers, community service opportunities, campus governance, internships, and numerous other opportunities through which students can learn about and experience leadership.
Some of the new leadership projects on campus under review at present include the development of a leadership minor, the creation of a Leadership Fellows scholarship program for incoming students, and the establishment of an endowed chair in leadership studies.