Partner requests are open!
The deadline for partner requests is April 2, 2018. Please fill out the Off Campus Organization Partner Request Form to become a partner.
Your organization must provide ad content.
Gamecock Level ($800-$2,500)
Full-color ad in Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents:
- Half-page ad: $800
- Full-page ad: $1,500
- Two-page ad: $2,500
- PowerPoint slide: $350, and $250 for each additional slide (three maximum total slides)
Spur Level ($1,800)
- Full-page, full-color ad in Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
- Personalized PowerPoint slide shown prior to opening session during all orientation programs
Cocky Level ($4,200)
All the benefits of the Spur Level, plus:
- Increase to a one and a half page, full-color ad in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
- Promotional opportunity on our website identifying your department/organization's name as a partner
- Organization logo on all Orientation program schedules for students and guests
- Table at the Resource Fair during each Summer Orientation session: May 10 - August 2
Carolina Level ($7,250)
All the benefits of the Cocky Level, plus:
- Increase to two-page, full-color ad in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
- Promotional opportunity for bags, pens, freshman or transfer T-shirts, your own item, or sponsorship of the freshman evening social
- Promotional opportunity on our website identifying your department or organization as a partner, using your name and logo
- Opportunity to speak with our Orientation Leader staff (60 students) during training
- Your logo on the back cover of the Garnet Guide to recognize partnership
Various advertising options are available, depending on your partnership type and budget. The Orientation Resource Fair and the Garnet Guide are two of the best opportunities to get your message to our students and their families.
Orientation Resource Fair
This is a community-wide event held during freshman and transfer student orientations throughout the year. Partners have the opportunity to set up a table as new students and families “shop” around for information they want or need. No actual financial transactions are permitted at the fair.
The Garnet Guide is distributed to all new students at orientation. It is a combination of resources and services relevant to a student’s first year at the University of South Carolina. Partners can run an ad in the publication, in an assortment of size options.
Orientation advertisements will be for students admitted Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019. Please consider this when designing an advertisement for your business or organization.
Make your ad answer these three primary questions:
- Who are you?
- What can you do to support a new student and their family in the first year?
- How can they connect with you?
- Use website addresses for in-depth information.
- Use real photos and avoid clip art or irrelevant animations.
- Avoid text-heavy ads. Try to think about the things new students will care about most.
- Don’t provide specific dates. These guides will be distributed to students who are admitted for the Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 academic terms.
File Format and Printing
- Submissions must be print-ready and will only be accepted electronically in PDF format with a minimum 300dpi resolution.
- We will not insert loose-leaf papers inside the Garnet Guide.
- All information is printed in color on white paper.
Half-page ad: 7.5" x 5"
Full-page ad: 7.5" x 10"
All submissions must be received by April 2 and are subject to review and the discretion of the Office of New Student Orientation staff.
If files are not in the proper format, we cannot guarantee clarity and resolution. No other formats will be accepted.
In order to reduce errors and increase consistency from page to page, we ask that you submit your advertisement via email attachment to email@example.com.