The Gamecock Pantry provides access to food and toiletries in a free and confidential way to members of the Carolina community while creating awareness about food insecurity at Carolina.
The Gamecock Pantry will address University food insecurity needs and provide comprehensive food insecurity education to the Carolina Community.
Who does the pantry serve?
Any current student with a valid CarolinaCard can access Gamecock Pantry. Before picking
up food, students will simply need to complete a brief, confidential form to register.
Once registered, students can receive up to 15 food items per week, which will be
available for pick-up during operating hours. Students may be eligible for additional
aid if they have dependent family members in their care such as children. Proof of
dependency will be required to receive additional aid.
Would you like to?
If you'd like to help with tasks ranging from preparing application materials to working a shift in the pantry, just complete the volunteer form.
TO MAKE A MONETARY DONATION. Please visit Giving and then complete the following steps:
- Select Specify Your Gift box.
- Next, expand the Student Life program line.
- Select Student Affairs and Academic Support.
- Select Other and type Gamecock Pantry in the Other Area field below the donation field.
TO DONATE FOOD ITEMS. Before collecting cans, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for collection information. We only accept non-perishable items. Current needs include:
- canned fruit
- gluten-free products
- cooking oil
- canned meats
Our Leadership Team
Gamecock Pantry was created by students, for students and is led by a volunteer team of student leaders.
- Emery Smith — Director
- Ryder Ward —Assistant Director of Operations
- Grace McKenna — Assistant Director of Communications
- Brianna Childs — Assistant Director of Volunteers
- Nhon Nguyen — Assistant Director of Marketing
- Kathryn Hennon — Assistant Donor Relations