Where life-changing conversations happen.
The complex issues of the world are part of conversations that take place on campus
in this thought-provoking series of public discussions. The Momentum Series is an
ongoing program of educational presentations that help you learn about issues, discuss
problems and take action.
Propose a Speaker
We welcome your speaker and topic ideas. Proposals for 2017-18 speakers should include:
- Identification of a local, national, and/or global issue or topic that is relevant on campus
- A proposed keynote or speaker(s) that aligns with the issue or topic
- Ideas for additional programming that will generate conversation around the proposed issue and topic before and after the proposed event
- Suggestions for partnerships
- Alignment with Leadership and Service Center values
You can submit your idea using Garnet Gate. Submissions will be reviewed by the Momentum Series Advisory Board, which includes students and is advised by the director of the Leadership and Service Center.
Previously Featured Speakers
Theresa Carrington, Founder and CEO of the Blessing Basket Project
#DearWorld: Live From the University of South Carolina
Health as a Human Right, co-hosted with the United Nations Foundation
Dr. Arthur Romano, international peace educator, consultant and certified nonviolence trainer
Ed Rapp, former Caterpillar Group President
Ken E. Nwadike, Jr., Founder of the Free Hugs Project
Dr. Marc Lamont Hill, distinguished professor, author, journalist and activist
Veronika Scott, Founder and CEO of The Empowerment Plan
The Start Conference, in partnership with the Entrepreneurship Club at UofSC
Alicia Garza, co-creator of Black Lives Matter