At a Glance
- Home to students in the arts
- Students live in Patterson Hall
- Exposure to artistic opportunities on and off campus
What Makes This Community Different
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- Learn about various art forms.
- Take part in discussions about career paths and how to create competitive portfolios and market your artistic ability.
- Visit local art studios, museums and workshops.
Take Classes With Your Peers
Visual and Performing Arts Community students can take classes called linked courses with the peers who live around them and share their interests.
- ARTE 260: Interdisciplinary Relationships in the Arts
- ARTH 106: History of Western Art II
Why Linked Courses
Research shows students who take courses within their learning community are more likely to take ownership of their academic career and be more engaged with their community.
These are smaller learning communities within residence halls focused on an area of study or student interest. Students in these communities will meet others who share their interests, and have unique opportunities to pursue those interests outside of the classroom.
Linked Course Community
These are academically focused communities where students live near each other and take major classes together. This helps students connect with others who have similar interests, gives them an opportunity to form relationships outside the classroom and gives them access to academic support when they need it.
Applying to Join This Community
Is this the living learning community for you?
Incoming Students: You'll apply as part of your housing application, available on Self-Service Carolina.
Returning Students: Fill out a university housing interest form (available Oct. 1 – 31).