Ever dream about creating and launching your own project and pitching it like on the popular TV show "Shark Tank?" Enhance your entrepreneurial skills in this dynamic business-oriented adventure through USC's Darla Moore School of Business, own Proving Ground which began as a competition in 2010 to give USC students a chance to get their projects funded. You will have an opportunity to learn from faculty at the Faber Entrepreneurship Center at USC who will teach you how to:
- find a product or service that solves a problem
- identify a clearly defined market
- uncover a clear advantage
- learn what is takes to create a capacity to bring a product or service to the market
- discover how your project will be profitable
- learn how to pitch your product in front of investors
Incorporate academic concepts with this practical, results-oriented approach. You'll learn to create a business plan, find your market, and promote your business. Along the way, you'll learn leadership skills, think big, be innovative, and learn what it takes to succeed. By the end of the week, you will work in a group to create your own product and pitch it like you've seen on "Shark Tank."
July 9 - 14 for Rising 9 -12 grade students
- This course is full. You may apply to be on a waitlist.