Enhance your professional skills and marketability!
USC’s Project Management certificate program was intended for professionals who want to distinguish themselves and validate their project management expertise by obtaining the globally recognized Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification through the prestigious Project Management Institute (PMI®). Our program provides the 35 hours of training required to take the PMP® certification exam. The program thoroughly explores the inner and outer workings of project logistics, management, constraints, risks and execution necessary to deliver projects within the desired scope. Our program provides:
- Intensive, focused training with PMP® certification mapping and lesson labs following the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®)
- A PMP® certified instructor with over 20 years of project management training experience
- Instructor assistance in the completion of your PMP® credential application
- Certification from the state's premier university, which enhances your résume
Even if you choose not to pursue your PMP® certification, any professional responsible for managing projects will benefit from this certificate and training. Whether in the private or public sector, individuals who have earned their project management certificate will have the expertise to execute successful projects.
Program Focus Areas
The certificate program will cover:
- Process of Project Management
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project
- Developing and Managing Cost Estimates and Budgets
- Planning Quality, Staffing and Communication
- Analyzing Risks and Planning Risk Responses
- Executing, Managing and Controlling Project Work
- Closing Project Work
- Curriculum Overviews
Two Convenient Options
Tuition for the Project Management Certificate is $2,200, which includes all course materials, courseware and the University of South Carolina certificate upon completion.
Whether you attend the 4 day in-class intensive program at USC Columbia or participate in the online course, requirements for completing the certificate are:
- Attend all 4 in-class or instructor-led online sessions
- Complete all practice exams, class assignments and homework
To mitigate the cost of the program, USC has established a relationship with Sallie Mae for continuing education students. Sallie Mae will evaluate your credit score and determine your eligibility. They may also recommend a co-borrower for those with low scores or minimal credit history. To speak with an advisor about financing options, please email email@example.com or call 803-777-4954.
About PMP® Certification
Project Managers can distinguish themselves and validate their expertise by obtaining the globally recognized Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification through the prestigious Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Benefits of the PMP® Certificate
- Globally recognized certification
- Increased marketability
- Competitive salary opportunities
- Competency to lead and direct projects
PMP® Certificate Requirements
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education or
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education*
* USC’s Project Management Certificate program provides the 35 hours of training required to take the PMP® certification exam.
For more information regarding the requirements and other important information please visit the Project Management Institute website.
Registration and Fees
|Dates / Sessions||Times||Fees|
|Project Management Certificate|
04/02/2018 – 04/05/2018
Monday - Thursday
Register Online or Register By Mail
Notes: The course location and directions will be emailed approximately one week before the course begins.
|8:30 AM – 5:30 PM||$2200.00|
|Project Management Certificate - Online|
05/07/2018 – 05/31/2018
Monday - Friday
Register Online or Register By Mail
Notes: Online instructions will be emailed to you approximately one week before the course begins.
|6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||$2200.00|
Registration and Payment Notes
If you plan to pay by check or purchase order, select "register by mail." Complete the form and return a printout with payment to: USC Continuing Education
and Conferences, Close/Hipp Building at 1705 College Street, Suite 201, Columbia,
SC 29208. Your seat is not guaranteed until payment is received.
We accept online payment via electronic check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through MarketPlace, a secure electronic environment that simplifies business transactions with the university. Follow the MarketPlace prompts to complete payment. Your transaction is only complete when you receive an order number, which is your receipt of payment. Your seat is not guaranteed until payment is received and you receive an order number.
Once you have paid and are enrolled, you'll be emailed location and parking information for face-to-face programs or online instructions about one week before the program begins.