Write for Success!
In the initial segment of the course, you will discover funding sources and learn the basic guidelines for creating grant proposals. During the afternoon session of the workshop, you will have the opportunity to write a letter of intent, compile a simple budget and have it reviewed by peers. Emphasis is given to idea development, identification of the appropriate grant agency, how to write for reviewers, and proven value tips for presenting an applicant’s case to reviewers.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the basics on how to research for available grants as well as begin the grant process
- Understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal such as the objectives, problems addressed, methodology, evaluation, assessments, budget and cover letter
- Prepare professional, competitive, compelling and successful grant proposals
- Become proficient in the proposal format used by the vast majority of public foundations, state and federal agencies
- Know the advantages of including community partnerships
- Discuss the benefits of forming a grant writing team
- Understand how to write a letter of intent to corporate foundations
The Course Outline
- Ice Breaker Activity
- Myths about Grants Assessment
- Grant Terminology 101
- Who are your funders?
- Understanding the Basic Components of a Full Proposal
- How to Condense your Proposal to Respond to Corporate Foundations
- The Importance of Collaborative Partnerships
- Sustainability - When does it begin?
- Basics to a Successful Budget
Registration and Fees
|Dates / Sessions||Times||Fees|
|Introduction to Grant Writing|
01/12/2018 – 01/12/2018
Register Online or Register By Mail
Notes: The course location and directions will be emailed approximately one week before the course begins.
|9:00 AM – 4:00 PM||$295|
Registration and Payment Notes
If you plan to pay by check or purchase order, select "register by mail." Complete the form and return a printout with payment to: USC Continuing Education
and Conferences, 1600 Hampton Street, Suite 403, Columbia, SC 29208. Your seat is
not guaranteed until payment is received.
We accept online payment via electronic check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through MarketPlace, a secure electronic environment that simplifies business transactions with the university. Follow the MarketPlace prompts to complete payment. Your transaction is only complete when you receive an order number, which is your receipt of payment. Your seat is not guaranteed until payment is received and you receive an order number.
Once you have paid and are enrolled, you'll be emailed location and parking information for face-to-face programs or online instructions about one week before the program begins.