Log-in to our online appointment system to schedule your appointment with a Major Change Advisor.
Schedule an Appointment with a Major Change Advisor
Major Change Advisors can help answer a variety of questions about switching majors between colleges/schools on the Columbia campus. You should schedule a 30 minute appointment if you need:
- help because you have no idea which major is the best fit for you
- to explore different majors
- general advisement questions answered
- to see how your prior coursework fits into your new major
- supplemental advisement for your intended major
- to figure out how to change your major
- help rearranging your schedule before the drop/add deadline to fit your intended major
Attend Major Change Drop-ins
If you already know the major you want to declare, consider dropping in for a 15 minute appointment. During this appointment a Major Change Advisor can:
- answer general advisement questions
- show you how your prior coursework fits into your new major
- provide supplemental advisement for your new major
Changing Majors within the same college/school?
If you want to change to a different major within your current college/school, you don't have to meet with a Major Change Advisor. Simply meet with your assigned academic advisor for next steps on switching your major.
Helpful Major Change Resources
Major Exploration Tools- Holland Code
If you are looking to change your major but are unsure which major to choose, the Holland Code quiz can help! This short quiz will help you discover career and major paths related to your personal and work values. Your major change advisor can discuss potential majors at USC that will help you work toward your professional goals. Take the quiz!
This page is a dedicated resource for both advisors and students, housing numerous forms, links, and informational PDFs that can assist in the advising process at USC.
Undergraduate Academic Bulletin
The academic bulletin is the official document of record for undergraduate academic programs and policies. This resource should be used for informational purposes only and is subject to change at any time when, in the judgment of the faculty, the president, or the Board of Trustees, such changes are in the best interest of the students and the University.
Change of Major Directory
This directory provides program information, GPA requirements, and necessary "how to" steps for undergraduate students interested in changing to a program in any of the 11 colleges/schools on the USC-Columbia campus.