Log-in to our online appointment system to schedule your appointment with a Major Change Advisor.
Drop-In Hours Extended
Major Change Advising Drop-In Hours will be extended Monday – Friday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. from April 2 – April 20, 2018,
Schedule an Appointment with a Major Change Advisor
Major Change Advisors can help answer a variety of questions about switching majors between colleges/schools on the Columbia campus. You should schedule a 30 minute appointment if you need:
- help because you have no idea which major is the best fit for you
- to explore different majors
- general advisement questions answered
- to see how your prior coursework fits into your new major
- supplemental advisement for your intended major
- to figure out how to change your major
- help rearranging your schedule before the drop/add deadline to fit your intended major
Attend Major Change Drop-ins
If you already know the major you want to declare, consider dropping in for a 15 minute appointment. During this appointment a Major Change Advisor can:
- answer general advisement questions
- show you how your prior coursework fits into your new major
- provide supplemental advisement for your new major
Changing Majors within the same college/school?
If you want to change to a different major within your current college/school, you don't have to meet with a Major Change Advisor. Simply meet with your assigned academic advisor for next steps on switching your major.
Change of Major Resources
Major Exploration Tools- Holland Code
If you are interested in changing majors but are unsure which major to choose, this short quiz can help you discover career and major paths related to your personal and work values. Take the Quiz.
Change of Major Directory
The Change of Major Directory provides program information, GPA requirements, and necessary "how to" steps for changing majors into each of the 11 colleges/schools on the Columbia campus. View the Change of Major Directory.
Undergraduate Academic Bulletin
Learn more about academic programs offered at UofSC and their requirements in the Undergraduate Academic Bulletin.
Both advisors and students can access several common forms (including the Change of College form) on this webpage.
Alternate Pathways for Nursing
If you are a current Nursing student, and/or are considering a major in a related healthcare field, watch these videos to learn more about alternative major pathways that can lead to similar career opportunities in healthcare.