Your Academic Plan
This plan is important for students to invest in and complete for several reasons:
- To meet and connect individually with an academic success coach and determine your academic goals
- To map out a clear and concrete plan for how you intend to reach your academic goals
- To get connected with the various campus resources that can assist you in becoming academically successful
- To demonstrate that you have put significant thought and investment in your academic future
Your academic coaching meeting is designed for your benefit and to help you reach your academic goals. Coaches are here to help answer any academic questions you have about classes, advisement, course preparation and study strategies. Please let us know how we can help you during your appointment.
Steps to Completing Your Appeal
If you have been referred to meet with an academic coach for a financial aid appeal, you need to complete the following steps:
- Print and complete the first 5 pages of the academic plan [pdf].
- Take a self-assessment and print the results.
- Schedule an academic coaching/study skills appointment online (login).
- Attend your coaching appointment and bring your academic plan and self-assessment with you to your meeting.
The completion of your academic plan and academic coaching meeting does not guarantee reinstatement of your financial aid. That decision will be made by the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships after you submit your appeal packet. You should review the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy.